Monday, February 14, 2011

Precisionism Project

This is my 12x9 inch painting for the precisionism project. I found these chains and buttons backstage in the auditorium. I thought they looked cool. I made the frames by laying down tap and taping it off into three different sized spaces. I then sketched out the design and painted it using acrylic paint. I did many layers in order to make everything seem flat and 2D. I used a gradient on the pipe to pull in the viewer's eyes and establish a focal point. I had several problems with the larger chain. It was too flat and even I couldn't tell what it was. I used little white lines to establish detail. I hate precisionism and never want to do it again. I really like the way the colors came together and the way the lines came out.

8 comments:

  1. I really like this! The gradient on the pipe really does draw my eyes in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't get over your color choice of color. I feel like its not of the norm, makes it even more intresting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really digged the way you used the tape in the painting to create space and dimmension almost in the painting. A small little thing that you could have done is on top of the box with bottons there seems to be an unwanted splash of paint that is not with the percisonest style.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Jessica. My eyes go straight to the pipe. I also like that you changed the colors to green, blue and white instead of its origninal color black, red, and gray.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how this turned out cannon. The different sections to the piece makes it different than others, but it works for this. The gradient on the pipe is also very good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cannon-bo-bannon,
    for hating precisionism i think you did well. The white lines definitely helped define the chain. The only thing i would change woud be to somehow incorporate more shading in the outlet/switch figure. I do like the bold white lines that section off the piece. They work well in this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Rebecca. I probably would have done more shading if I had more time. I lost two days because of sickness and I didn't have a lot of time outside of class.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i really like how you highlighted the different shapes in the chains with white

    ReplyDelete